Spring is almost here! The month of March has never been so welcome in our home as it is this year. The end of January and most of February were full of unexpected health challenges, including out-of-state emergency surgery, for complications from my brain tumor.
I could tally a long list of all the things that went wrong, the things I didn’t plan for, the frustrations, the tears, the medical expenses and the missed opportunities. However, I could never count all the amazing blessings and realizations that came from these experiences. Here are just a few of the lessons I learned:
* You can't have a miracle if you don't need a miracle.
* Real life lessons aren’t scheduled; they are experienced.
* Doing the right thing is not easy, nor convenient, but it is worth it.
* There is no such thing as coincidence.
* Opportunities are often disguised as hardships.
* A caring stranger can change your life.
* One minute of Divine Intervention is worth days of earthly pain.
* Most people really do want to help.
* Love is viral. Pass it on.
Every interaction is an opportunity to Make It Count.